The most up to date information on University operations and guidance can be found here:
What are current University of Pennsylvania actions to protect the health of our community?
- Anyone who has not been self-isolating for at least 2 weeks prior to returning to campus must do so for 14 days before resuming their campus activities.
- Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), anyone who is returning from international travel is required to self isolate for 14 days from their entrance into the United States.
- Per the Pennsylvania Health Department, anyone entering a business in the state of Pennsylvania that serves the public is required to wear a mask.
- Anyone on campus is required to wear a face mask.
- Anyone who is not feeling well should refrain from coming to work or school and seek medical guidance as indicated.
- Anyone who has had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must stay at home and self-isolate for 14 days after their last contact with the case even if they do not develop symptoms.
- Contact tracing involves identifying anyone who has an infectious disease (the case) and their contacts (people who may have been exposed) and working with them to prevent the further transmission of the disease. For COVID-19, this includes asking cases to isolate and contacts to quarantine at home voluntarily.
What should I do if I have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath and/or I want to get tested?
- Anyone with cough, fever, shortness of breath, or a known exposure to someone with COVID-19, should call Student Health Service at 215-746-3535. Our medical providers can walk you through that process.
Our hearts go out to our Penn community and families around the globe that have been impacted by the recent coronavirus outbreak. Let’s stand together to keep Penn healthy, welcoming and understanding.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- CDC – Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- CDC – Guidance for Student Foreign Travel for Institutions of Higher Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Health – Coronavirus Page
- Pennsylvania Department of Health – Coronavirus PDF
Literature, External Resources
- New England Journal of Medicine: A collection of articles and other resources on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus outbreak, including clinical reports, management guidelines, and commentary.
- JAMA: About the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Penn Today: What we do and don’t know about the novel coronavirus
- Penn Today: A reality check on coronavirus
- American Hospital Association: Coronavirus Themed Email Phishing Scam
Penn Department Websites
- Penn Global Heightened Travel Risk Homepage
- Register your trip – Register your Penn-affiliated trip to keep you connected to Penn resources
- Penn Abroad – Guidance for Undergraduates Currently Studying Abroad
- Campus Health Coronavirus Disease Updates Page
- Student Health Service Homepage – Call or make an appointment if feeling unwell
- Environmental Health & Radiation Safety – Cleaning Recommendations
- Health Advocate: A resource for Faculty and Staff