I CARE is an interactive gatekeeper training for students, faculty, and staff that builds a caring community with the skills and resources to intervene with student stress, distress, and crisis.
- Approximately 5,700 faculty, staff, and students across Penn’s schools, departments, and student life programs have gone through I CARE. The training is open to anyone interested in being an informed resource and a caring community member.
- A team of clinicians design, facilitate, and assess the I CARE training.
- I CARE includes information, discussion, and experiential exercises that focus on:
- Mental health beliefs & biases
- Signs of stress, distress, and crisis
- Listening techniques
- Crisis intervention skills
- Counseling services
Join Our Mailing List
The following handouts are from the I CARE Training. Please do not reproduce or distribute. Handouts are available for a general audience, but will be more relevant to those who have completed the I CARE Training.